the vagina blogs

Monday, February 27, 2006

The vagina monologues @ PSU


"Portland State University and Portland Community College Women’s Resource Centers present a benefit for the Tri-County Sexual Assault Taskforce and the Illumination Project."

I made a lamp entitled "lampgina" and it sold right away during the first performance. All of the cash- even my cost went to the event and non-profits, so that felt really good. It also felt good to get the ego-boost of having people paw the lamp and see that they really dug it.

I tried to sell iVags at PSU during the Vagina Monologues, but it didn’t go so well. I sold one– and to another vendor so I sold one for $5 and a tank top that says “Got Cunt.” I like the tank top, though. I sold a bunch of vagina-themed marble magnets and some giant underwear. People seemed to really like them, but maybe they didn’t want to drop that kindof cash after paying to get into the show?

It was quite a treat to get to see the performance. Seeing it a couple of times was impressive as the cast was spot on yet really in-tune with their audiences each time. I also made friends with some really nice, very talented glass-blowing hippies. They make really great stuff, including
some little glass vaginas! Here's their etsy shop:

Jubilant Glassworks Fine Art Glass and Jewelery


Anneliese came with me on Sunday night and bought a pendant from them that looks better every time I see her. It's kindof candy-like and very intruiging. It's quite a compliment that it captures anyone's attention away from her giant cleavage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home